- Category: About
The Cygnet Folk Festival is held each year on the land of the melukerdee people. The South East Tasmanian Aboriginal corporation (SETAC) who manage this country, generously welcome us onto their land each year and we are grateful for their generosity and for their support and guidance.
We in turn, support the endeavours of SETAC to enrich the lives of those in their community and the to offer friendship and guidance to all.
We pay our respect to the traditional and original owners of this land the melukerdee people, - to pay respect to those that have passed before us and to acknowledge today’s Tasmanian Aboriginal community who are the custodians of this land.
The melukerdee people belong to the oldest continuing culture in the world. They cared and protected Country for thousands of years. They knew this land, they lived on the land and they died on these lands. We honour them.
We recognise the value of continuing Aboriginal knowledge and cultural practice, which helps inform our understanding of history, culture and country.
We pay our respects to the Elders past and present.
We acknowledge the strength and resilience of all of Tasmania’s First Peoples and we walk alongside them respectfully bearing witness and we support them in truth telling.
- Category: About
Featuring three folk festival headline acts - in Mona's beautiful Nolan Gallery:
Shakuhachi master, Riley Lee: arguably the most listened-to shakuhachi player in the world.
Northern Resonance from Sweden: with their chamber-folk performed on viola d’amore, hardanger fiddle and nyckelharpa.
And Clare Sands: channelling the music of her Irish ancestors.
This special concert is the night before the Cygnet Folk Festival. Thu 11th Jan 2024, 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm AEDT. Tickets are selling fast. Get your tickets now!
- Category: About
A range of accommodation options are available in Cygnet and around the Huon Valley.
We have provided below a courtesy list of commercial accommodation, however, we cannot guarantee availability or accuracy of these listings. Please contact us if you notice contact details that are not correct.
Riverfront Estate on the banks of the Huon river
Relax and Enjoy this Unique stay on the banks of the Huon River, right in the heart of Huonville. This homestead has been in the family since it was built in the late 1800’s. A peaceful and relaxing spot, it has bought much joy to the extended family and all who have enjoyed visiting and staying in her over the years.
1 Bathroom, 3 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen.
Our advice is to BOOK EARLY!
Caravan Park & Camping
- Cygnet Holiday Park - Mary Street, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 1267, mob 0418 532 160
Hotels, Motels, B&B's, Resorts, Backpackers
0-5 kilometres from Cygnet
- Cherry View Accommodation – Self contained adult retreat accommodation, 90 Supplices Road, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 0569
- Commercial Hotel – 2 Mary Street, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 1296
- Cygnet Bay Waterfront Retreat – Beautifully appointed self contained spacious 2 bedroom apartment, 11 Crooked Tree Point, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 0980, mob 0409 664 162
- Cygnet Hotel and Guest House – Heritage accommodation, friendly country bar, fine local food and wine, 77 Mary Street, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 1267
- Eden Orchard & Farm Stay – Elegant two bedroom farm stay, 22 Supplices Road, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 0716
- Gardner's Cottage – Self contained, 2 bedroom cottage in a half acre of gardens, 1014 Woodbridge Hill Road, Cygnet Tas 7112, mob 0405 799 604
- Green Gables Bed & Breakfast – Two private self contained apartments, overlooking Gardeners Bay and the rolling hills of the Black Jack Ridge, 6974 Channel Highway, Gardners Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 0400
- Huon Valley Backpackers – Backpackers with double rooms, family rooms with ensuites, and twin rooms, 4 Sandhill Road, Cradoc Tas 7109, ph 03 6295 1551, mob 0409 507 442
- Portside Cygnet Accommodation – Portside is a fully self-contained, 3 bedroom waterfront home. This beautiful home is 3km from Cygnet township and faces Port Cygnet., 4 Henleys Road, Nicholls Rivulet Tas 7112, ph 03 6264 1615
- Talune Host Farm Accommodation – Farm tourist cabins offering good, affordable, family accommodation. Set in a grassed apple orchard area, 1106 Woodbridge Hill Road, Gardners Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 1775
- The 2C's Bed & Breakfast – Three separate and private units, two of which are contained within the main structure and share vistas of the Huon River, and one a cosy cabin that overlooks the garden., 1 Crooked Tree Court, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 1603, mob 0409 501 345
- Windflowers Cottage - B&B at Wattle grove, Windflowers offers stylish, comfortable accommodation in a tranquil setting amongst olive groves, gardens and fields.
5-10 kilometres from Cygnet
- Arundel Cottage – Cosy fully equipped cottage, accommodates four people. Garden setting, quiet rural views, easy walk to safe beach, boat ramp nearby, 643 Silver Hill Road, Glaziers Bay Tas 7109, ph 03 6295 1577
- Beaupre Cottage – Secluded water front setting. Self-contained or creative dining available. RACT 4 1/2 star, 3 Cygnet Coast Road, Lymington Tas 7109, ph 03 6295 1542
- Bellabunka Bed & Breakfast – Gracious retreat set on 25 acres of bushland. Fully catered, two bedrooms Mediterranean style suite., 7124 Channel Highway, Cygnet Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 1711
- Blueberry Bay Cottage – 2 bedroom contemporary cottage accommodation for up to 7 people. Set on 8 acres of waterfront privacy and luxurious living, 109 Cygnet Coast Road, Lymington Tas 7109, ph 03 6264 2266, mob 0418 342 511
- Ebb Tide Guest House – 11 Cray Point Parade, Eggs And Bacon Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 5428 7131
- Hartzview Vineyard Homestead Bed & Breakfast – Self contained, bed & breakfast, spa bath homestead in a stunning, secluded location, 70 Dillons Road, Gardners Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 6295 1623
- Helms Bay Cottage – A beautiful, fully renovated self contained modern cottage is just simply a breath of fresh air in our very own backyard. The self contained unit has a fully equipped kitchen with full en-suite, queen sized bed and a sofa bed. Take in the outstanding surrounds while enjoying a BBQ in your private veranda, and relaxing outdoor setting. Boat mooring is available on request - Laundry facilities available on site - Collect oysters from the shoreline - Enjoy the private jetty and sit and fish. A warm and cosy bunk house is also available, sleeping 4 people. With shared en-suite, kitchen and laundry facility. Ideal for a large family or group., 6863 Channel Highway, Gardners Bay Tas 7112, mob 0408 532 322
- Riverside – Provides the utmost in comfort, privacy and tranquillity in a three bedroom self contained cottage on the banks of the Huon River at Glaziers Bay Contact: Catherine Pile, 35 Graces Road, Glaziers Bay Tas 7109, ph 03 6295 1952
- The Lido On Randalls – 2 bedroom seaside apartment, offers paradise at your door. Scenic walks leading to the pristine Randalls Bay Beach not more than 1 minute away, 60 Williams Road, Randalls Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 6297 8154
- Tranquil Point Health Sanctuary – A peaceful health sanctuary that promotes holistic healing of the mind, body and spirit, on three acres of beautiful Tasmanian bushland, with 270 degree views of the ocean, and a private beach, 51 Chuter Street, Deep Bay Tas 7112, mob 0428 651 032
10-20 kilometres from Cygnet
- Deep Bay Waters – Self contained waterfront cottage, 6713 Channel Highway, Deep Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 6225 1235, mob 0419 523 672
- Huon Valley Caravan Park – 26 acre camping and caravan park on the Huon & Mountain Rivers, 117 Wilmot Road, Huonville Tas 7109, mob 0438 394 383
- Huonville Grand Hotel – Friendly, clean, budget accommodation. Shared facilities, double and single rooms, 2 Main Road, Huonville Tas 7109, ph 03 6264 1004
- Huonville Guest House – Former apple orchard homestead (circa1890), has been sensitively renovated and extended to cater for 7 guests in 3 unique studio-apartments, 184 Main Road, Huonville Tas 7109, ph 03 6264 1615
- Niche Southern Tasmania Yoga Retreat Centre – Comfortable eco-friendly accommodation is available at times between retreats, 206 Abels Bay Road, Deep Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 6297 8270
- Paradise Lodge – On the water front at Deep Bay (just south of Cygnet). Three bedroom self-contained accommodation, 51 Chuter Street, Deep Bay Tas 7112, ph 03 6225 1235, mob 0419 523 672
- Peppermint Ridge Retreat – Two Self Contained Eco Studios have been built by the owners from strawbales, rustic stone, blue gum poles, and recycled corrugated iron, 290 Woodbridge Hill Road, Woodbridge Tas 7162, ph 03 6267 4192
- The Big Blue Retreat – Unique cape cod style house situated in a stunning location 100 metres from Garden Island Sands Beach, 95 Lowes Road, Garden Island Creek Tas 7112, ph 03 6248 1446, mob 0438 155 211
- Walton House Bed & Breakfast – Affordable, award winning Huon Valley accommodation with an emphasis on quality and service, 2720 Huon Highway, Huonville Tas 7109, ph 03 6264 1640
- Woodbridge Hill Hideaway – Luxurious and secluded holiday retreat, nestled into some of the highest parts of Woodbridge Hill, 369 Woodbridge Hill Road, Woodbridge Tas 7162, ph 03 6295 1518, mob 0457 714 325 ?
20-30 kilometres from Cygnet
- Anstey Barton Bed & Breakfast – Luxury accommodation in a stately historic, waterfront home, Ferry Road, Kettering Tas 7155, ph 03 6267 4199
- Church Studio Franklin – Studio is contained within a heritage building that was originally built by the Methodists, 3408 Huon Highway, Franklin Tas 7113, ph 03 6266 3347
- Coningham Beach Holiday Cabins – Three cabins with two bedrooms, consisting of one queen size bed, one set of bunks and a fold-out lounge that converts into a double bed, 257 Coningham Road, Coningham Tas 7054, ph 03 6267 9002
- Cottage on Main – Fully appointed 2 bedroom house, sleeping up to 6 people, 3420 Main Street, Franklin Tas 7113, ph 03 6266 3040
- Crabtree River Cottages – History in a rural setting. 21st century luxury, 19th century charm. Four star accommodation, 130 Crabtree Road, Grove Tas 7109, ph 03 6266 4644
- Franklin Lodge Bed & Breakfast – 3448 Huon Highway, Franklin Tas 7113, ph 03 6266 3506
- Herons Rise Vineyard – Self contained cottage and Bed and Breakfast, vineyard accommodation, 100 Saddle Road, Kettering Tas 7155, ph 03 6267 4339
- Huon Bush Retreats – Self contained cabins, camp ground, habitat reserve, bush walks, 300 Browns Road, Huonville Tas 7109, ph 03 6264 2233
- Huon Franklin Cottage – Sleep four in two bedrooms, People's choice award winner 2005, 3554 Huon Highway, Franklin Tas 7113, ph 03 6266 3040, mob 0410 663 040
- Huon Valley Bed & Breakfast – At historic 'Glenbriar' homestead, 103 Glen Huon Road, Huonville Tas 7109, ph 03 6264 1703
- Huon Valley Caravan Park – Powered and unpowered sites and an amenities block. Approx. 20km from Cygnet., 177 Wilmot St , Huonville Tas 7190, mob 0438 304 383
- Kay Creek Cottage – Sleeps 2 people and comprises dining room, kitchen, lounge, 1 bedroom, and bathroom, 17 Kay Street, Franklin Tas 7113, ph 03 6266 3524
- Matilda's of Ranelagh – Idyllic heritage bed and breakfast Tasmanian accommodation. Winner of 2003 People's Choice Award, 44 Louise Street, Ranelagh Tas 7109, ph 03 6264 3493
- Orchard Lea Guest House – 4 star accommodation. Woodbridge provides magnificent views of the surrounding areas, 11 Weedings Way, Woodbridge Tas 7162, ph 03 6267 4108
- Oyster Cove Chalet – Three self contained units with spas and everything one would expect from a four star development, 42 Manuka Road, Oyster Cove Tas 7150, ph 03 6267 5084
- Oyster Cove Inn – Several ocean view rooms in historic hotel, 1 Ferry Road, Oyster Cove Tas 7150, ph 03 6267 4446, mob 0408 426 900
- Snug Beach Cabin and Caravan Park – Self-contained cabins, powered and unpowered sites available. All weather BBQ/camp kitchen, 35 Beach Road, Snug Tas 7054, ph 03 6267 9138
- Spa Karma – Private luxury accommodation for one couple in Tasmania's Huon Valley, 843 Glen Huon Road, Glen Huon Tas 7109, ph 03 6266 6026
- Telopea Accommodation – Two fully self-contained units offer you comfort, privacy and convenience, amongst 5 acres of gardens and natural bushland, 144 Pullens Road, Woodbridge Tas 7162, ph 03 6267 4565
- The Old Woodbridge Rectory – Set in half an acre of garden, has been tastefully restored to reflect its history, with two beautifully appointed queen-size bedrooms, both with private ensuites, 15 Woodbridge Hill Road, Woodbridge Tas 7162, ph 03 6267 4742
- Tulendena Garden Holiday Unit – Fully equipped for up to four people in a tranquil, secluded haven, 29 Bloomsbury Lane, Kettering Tas 7155, ph 03 6267 4348
- Whispering Spirit Holiday Cottage and Miniature Pony Stud – Self Contained Holiday Units, reasonable rates, 253 Swamp Road, Franklin Tas 7113, ph 03 6266 3341
- Woodbridge Country Retreat – Self Contained Accommodation, 57 Thomas Road, Woodbridge Tas 7162, ph 03 6267 4141, mob 0407 046 366
- Woodbridge Hill Cottage – 430 Woodbridge Hill Road, Woodbridge Tas 7162, ph 03 6267 9030
- Seaside Studio (Airbnb) a large private room with modern bathroom, sleeps four. At Conningham. 30 mins drive.
30+ kilometres from Cygnet
- Horse Haven Farmstay Accommodation – Delightful cottage in beautiful bush setting, 179 Judds Creek Road, Judbury Tas 7109, ph 03 6266 0343
- Stringy Bark Holiday Accommodation – Cosy home style accommodation at an affordable rate with two spacious fully self-contained two bedroom units, 351 Judds Creek Road, Judbury Tas 7109, ph 03 6266 0027
- The Bears Went Over the Mountain B&B – 4 Star boutique accommodation, 3 Church Street, Geeveston Tas 7116, ph 03 6297 0110
- Category: About
If you have a companion to help you with mobility or other needs, your companion and you both get entry for the price of a single ticket.
The Cygnet Folk Festival is an affiliate under the Companion Card scheme. Please show a valid companion card when purchasing or collecting your ticket to get free admission for your Carer. Please contact us prior to the Festival if you have any further questions.
Information and Assistance
If you require information about venue access or if you would like to request assistance with entry into the venues, contact us before the Festival to make arrangements.
We have reserved seating and wheelchair spaces in Festival venues with wheelchair access. There are a small number of venues which do not have wheelchair access.
Let us know in advance if possible, and we'll make sure our volunteers on the door keep the space ready for you.
Loongana Park has easy wheelchair access from the reserved parking bay in the main street (Mary St). Accessible parking bays are also available near the LINC library and on George St behind St James school. Wheelchair access toilets are available in the public toilet block in Loongana Park.
The Town Hall has a ramp entrance from the main street which provides access to the Town Hall Stage and accessible toilets. There will be reserved seating for festival goers with wheelchairs or other mobility impairment. Don't hesitate to contact the Festival volunteers on the door of the venue, well before the concert to identify where you would like to sit.
Carmel Hall has a ramp entrance close to the reserved parking in the car park. There are reserved seats and disabled toilets in the venue.
The Festival Box Office can be accessed from the northern end of George St. Please follow the signs.
St James auditorium has wheelchair access from Charles Street and through the school.